Thursday, August 27, 2009

Preschool

Well, the other night was Parent Orientation Night at Emma's new preschool. She will be attending the 3 yr old class twice a week at our church. I got to meet her teacher and received all sorts of information about the school year. I can't believe she is getting ready to start school. It amazes me. I just kept thinking about how Mike and I will no longer be the only influence in her life. I wondered if I had instilled all of the tools that she will need to make it. Will she make the right decisions? Will she be influenced in the wrong way? I know it's just preschool, but it's also the beginning of a journey. It's unreal to me that she is almost 4. Where did that little baby go?



On another note, Lane has cut both of his bottom teeth at the same time. That poor boy has not been taking it well. He has been absolutely miserable and he drools like someone left the faucet on. He sits all by himself perfectly and plays with his toys and with Emma. I think he'll be sad when she starts school. He is really attached to her. He antagonizes her when he can by pulling her hair. I am pretty sure it's no longer an accident. He goes right for it, she screams, and he giggles. And so it begins....



Other than this, just getting ready to send Emma on her way. She has some field trips coming up. Their first one is to the fire station down the street from the church. I actually have to sign her first permission slip. CRAZY....

No comments:

Post a Comment